Male Jailer- Immediate Opening
IMMEDIATE OPENING- APPLY NOW IF INTERESTED
Basic Job Description: JAILER
Starting Pay: $12.18 hr
Guard inmates in penal or rehabilitative institution in accordance with established regulations and procedures. May guard prisoners in transit between jail, courtroom, prison, or other point. Includes deputy sheriffs and police who spend the majority of their time guarding prisoners in correctional institutions.
Job Duties and Tasks for Jailer
1) Monitor conduct of prisoners, according to established policies, regulations, and procedures, in order to prevent escape or violence.
2) Inspect conditions of locks, window bars, grills, doors, and gates at correctional facilities, in order to ensure that they will prevent escapes.
3) Search prisoners, cells, and vehicles for weapons, valuables, or drugs.
4) Guard facility to screen visitors.
5) Search for and recapture escapees.
6) Inspect mail for the presence of contraband.
7) Take prisoners into custody and escort to locations within and outside of facility, such as visiting room, courtroom, or airport.
8) Record information, such as prisoner identification, charges, and incidences of inmate disturbance.
9) Use weapons, handcuffs, and physical force to maintain discipline and order among prisoners.
10) Provide to supervisors oral and written reports of the quality and quantity of work performed by inmates, inmate disturbances and rule violations, and unusual occurrences.
11) Drive passenger vehicles and trucks used to transport inmates to other institutions, courtrooms, hospitals, and work sites.
12) Arrange daily schedules for prisoners including library visits, work assignments, family visits, and counseling appointments.
13) Assign duties to inmates, providing instructions as needed.
14) Issue clothing, tools, and other authorized items to inmates.
15) Serve meals and distribute commissary items to prisoners.
16) Investigate crimes that have occurred within an institution, or assist police in their investigations of crimes and inmates.
17) Maintain records of prisoners' identification and charges.
18) Supervise and coordinate work of other correctional service officers.
For More Information Contact
Lt. Jonnie Jones